The History of The Ivy House
In 1913, W. T. and Lennie Barnett Ivy moved to what is now the corner of Ivy Place and McCollum Drive. The original home, circa 1900, was destroyed by fire in 1925. The Ivy’s rebuilt the existing Prairie-style Craftsman farm house in 1926, incorporating the central chimney of the original structure, the only feature to survive the fire.
The Ivy House was renovated and restored by Darlene Nicolau. The renovation respects the architectural integrity of the house and complements the restoration of original features throughout the home. The Prairie-style Craftsman farm house is complete with traditional Arts and Crafts workmanship, furnishings and décor that demonstrate the simple lines and natural materials central to the Arts and Crafts movement. The interior design juxtaposes a contemporary color palette and modern amenities with these traditional Arts and Crafts elements to evoke an up-to-date appeal without compromising the home’s heritage.
The Before Photos